Tips to bless the people you love this Christmas season
I love my phone. It goes everywhere with me. But sometimes my wife tells me I spend a little too much time with this amazing device and not enough time with the people who matter most.
So here’s what I’m planning to do this Christmas season to get my head out of my phone. Maybe these tips will help you too:
- During those special moments on Christmas Day – like dinner and opening gifts around the tree – I vow with steely determination not to check my email even once.
- My phone will not come to the dinner table with me for any evening meal while my kids are out of school on Christmas break.
- I’ll probably take a few pictures, but we’re going to do a lot of fun stuff without ever photographing it. The memories will exist only in our hearts.
- I’m going to spend some quality time with the people who matter most to me this Christmas season. When I do, they’ll have my full, 100% attention.
- I’m also going to spend some quality time with God. And my phone will be nowhere in sight.
Why make this effort? Because my family desperately needs my presence, my leadership, and my love this Christmas season. Only I can give them these blessings.
You have the same power to bless the people you love. Use it wisely.
President & Chairman
P.S. If you’re the type who likes to give at year-end for tax purposes, I want you to know about a Matching Gift pool we’re building that will double your contribution to Promise Keepers by December 31. It’s a great deal if you can take advantage of it. Thanks.